Search Downright Delectable

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Pre-Cooking Time!

Today is the day I typically start all my shopping and pre-cooking for the 4th, so my favorite store Winco welcomed us with open arms this morning!

Last year we didn't really do anything to celebrate, as a matter of fact, I don't even think Flo was with us. We had just finished our camping trip, and he had went back to Long Beach, and I went back to Menifee with Emma. I think I created my "American-Style 4th of July" playlist, blasted it while my Dad and I bbq'd, cooked and drank about 15 lime margaritas (each!) to ourselves.

This year will be different, though. Although I really love and adore my parents, Flo, Emma and I are going to go to a good friend of ours house so Emma has some kids to play with, and we have some friends to wind down and relax with. I don't think they were expecting us to text them this morning with the list of things we're going to bring, but nonetheless, I don't think they're complaining either.

Contribution this year:

  • BTR Slaw (making dressing today, adding to the cabbage on Friday night)
  • Mini Cornbread muffins (baking on Friday)
  • Honey butter (making on Friday)
  • Celebration Jello Shots, which I found here on pinterest (making today)
  • and some dry rub for the meats that they have, that of course, we'll be barbequing :P (been made, dry rub lasts forever!)

I'm really excited for this year, it's really the first year Flo and I can contribute to whoevers house were celebrating at.

Emma's all set with her American flag dress that were going to puffy-paint some silver stars on, and I'm almost equipped with my "Time to get Star Spangled Hammered" shirt, which I saw online, but was unable to order it in time, so I too, am puffy painting it onto a shirt!

We're all patriotic this year, so much fun!


When I complete all the recipes, I'll be sure to make a completion post with pictures...or I may just edit this post if I feel lazy. :p

<3
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment