Search Downright Delectable

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fourth Fun-ness

Fourth of July was fantastic!

My shirt was amazing, and Emma and I may have been the best dressed and most patriotic there.

 
 

Even though I wasn't able to live up to the saying on my shirt, I did do my part and had a beer and a jello shot when we first arrived. :p



















I seem to always make the mistake of over-cooking, so there was some left overs, but for the most part, it was a hit.

The cornbread was the biggest favorite of the crowd. Everyone really loved that I put just a bit of sugar in the batter, so its not just a heavy brick of bread. My cornbread seems to come out very moist and crumbly as well, also a plus in my book.

The butter went hand in hand with the cornbread, and the coleslaw was the iffy addition. I guess no one had ever had a vinegar-based coleslaw, so it was a new taste to the palate. It took some getting used to, but once everyone had a taste of all the sweet BBQ, sweet cornbread, sweet drinks, etc... the tangy coleslaw came in handy.

The jello shots were insanely loved by the adults, and  I can't quite tell you how long those lasted. once the kids had eaten and were chasing each other around the yard, the adults put the bucket of jello shots on the table and a game of dominoes begun. I don't think they lasted long, as it almost seemed that as a domino was picked up, a shot was thrown down.







Emma and her cousins in Uncle Mike's truck, ready for fireworks!







The fireworks too were lovely, although I see fireworks almost every day at Disney, there's just something about 4th of July fireworks that are so special. With every good experience, comes a bad though...with all the kids loaded up in the bed of the truck, we lit off our first firework, when it ignited and flipped itself over and began to shoot out towards everyone! it was so scary, Flo and I had immediately dove over Emma, and our friends also grabbed and dove over their kids. After the firework was over, we were in a symphony of crying kids who thought the night was ruined. It was all fixed with some juice and hugs, and the firework show commenced.

I was so dang tired from working that morning from 2am-10am, that by 11:00 pm, I was laying on the concrete listening to the fireworks with my eyes closed.

All in all, it was a great night, complete with good food, friends, fireworks, and festivities.








Emma and her cousins Laila and Elijah enjoying a hot dog
Emma and I in our 4th of July outfits

No comments:

Post a Comment